1). Production capacity of active dry yeast
1. The output and output value of active dry yeast products have grown steadily, and the production scale has continued to expand
The active dry yeast industry is in a period of rapid development, and the national sales basically increase at a rate of 10%-15% every year. In 1998, the total output of domestic high active dry yeast was 18,000 tons, in 2001 the total output of active dry yeast reached 35,000 tons, in 2002 the total output was around 45,000 tons, and in 2003 the total domestic output of high active dry yeast reached 4.8 10,000 tons, active dry yeast production enterprises have also developed from 3 in 1998 to 14 enterprises of various sizes.
2. The variety of active dry yeast has developed from simplification to diversification
According to the varieties, currently domestic active dry yeast has been released and officially introduced to the market, including home-use small-pack baker’s yeast, bread’s high-activity baker’s yeast (low sugar), bread’s high-activity baker’s yeast (high sugar), high-temperature alcohol-resistant active dry yeast, High activity dry yeast for alcohol at room temperature, high activity dry yeast for raw wine, high activity dry yeast for rice wine, high activity dry yeast for wine, high activity dry yeast for beer, etc.
3. The fermentation technology and production process of domestic active dry yeast have been gradually improved, and the equipment level has reached the international advanced level.
The yield of single-tank fermentation increases gradually, the yield of yeast increases gradually, and the energy consumption gradually decreases.
2). Active dry yeast production process
Strain preparation→fermentation→separation→filtration→drying→vacuum packaging→storage The main raw material for fermentation is molasses, which is the waste of sugar factories.
3). Market characteristics of active dry yeast
1. Consumers are becoming more and more mature. When purchasing active dry yeast, they have shifted from simply choosing the quantity and price to paying more and more attention to brand, quality, after-sales service and technical guidance.
2. The sales channels and consumer groups of active dry yeast tend to be stable
3. The demand for active dry yeast tends to be diversified (1) People in the northern wheat-producing areas of China mainly eat pasta, and some residents eat almost two meals of steamed buns a day. Many northerners have the habit of steaming steamed buns at home. According to statistics, about 70% of the wheat flour in the north is used to make steamed buns. At present, urban and rural residents in the north consume about 8,000 tons of active dry yeast in small bags of home-packed bread every year. Foods consume more than 20,000 tons of bread active dry yeast, including 2,000 tons of high-sugar bread active dry yeast (some cities in the south are accustomed to using high-sugar bread active dry yeast to make buns and steamed buns).
Cake houses, bakeries, and food factories of various sizes across the country need about 4,000 tons of bread active dry yeast to make bread every year, including about 1,500 tons of high-sugar bread active dry yeast.
The annual production of liquor in the country is about 5 million tons. According to the addition amount of 5/10,000, theoretically, 2,500 tons of wine-making active dry yeast are required; the annual alcohol production is 3 million tons, and 600 tons of active dry yeast is required according to the addition amount of 2/10,000; (5) The total demand for yeast extract, medicinal yeast, and feed breeding yeast is more than 8000t/year of active dry yeast.
4). Market competition is fierce but not brutal
The production of “active dry yeast consumes 5-7 tons of molasses (the market price of molasses is about 1,000 yuan/t, and the average market price of active dry yeast is 20,000 yuan/(above), the gross profit rate and added value of the active dry yeast industry are higher than those of the ordinary food industry. Much higher, with an average gross margin of over 40%.
China’s active dry yeast market is a market that has yet to be further developed. The future market potential is huge enough to attract domestic and foreign companies. In fact, many companies have entered and participated in the active dry yeast industry with different attitudes. competition. Some powerful yeast production enterprises have also greatly expanded their production, which determines the fierce and frequent competition in the domestic yeast market. Due to the small scale of most active dry yeast enterprises in China, the low level of production technology, and the serious homogeneity of active yeast products, in order to compete for the largest market share in a limited market, the competition among various yeast manufacturers in the market is often reflected in one Low-level competition, that is, price competition.
It should be said that the entry threshold of the active dry yeast industry should be relatively high. It requires a large capital investment. At the same time, it is a technology-intensive industry and has certain exit barriers. The active dry yeast production line is not suitable for fermentation and production of other products. product. Therefore, compared with other food industries, regular manufacturers are limited , and the current market capacity is not very large (less than 50,000 tons), so the competition in the active dry yeast industry is still much weaker than other industrial industries.
5). The export situation is optimistic
The overall sales volume of domestic active dry yeast in the international market has been increasing year by year in recent years. In the early 1990s, the total export volume of active dry yeast was less than 1,000 tons; in 2001, the total import volume of China’s high-activity dry yeast was 2,500 tons, and the export volume was 7,000 tons; The export volume of domestic high active dry yeast can exceed 10,000 tons. The export varieties of domestic active dry yeast have developed from the original small family package to various active dry yeast products, and the export scope has also developed from the original few countries in Central Asia and Eastern Europe Distributed to more than 40 countries and regions around the world.