Yes, it is possible to put yeast in the dough without adding sugar. Not adding sugar will only affect the fermentation speed, prolong the fermentation time, and eventually the fermentation will be successful. In the absence of sugar, the amount of yeast in the dough will be reduced and the rise will be slower, but it will still rise successfully. In order to avoid over-fermentation or failure to ferment, you can operate according to the following ingredient list and production steps:
1. Flour: You can choose different types of high-gluten flour or medium-gluten flour according to your needs.
2. Yeast: Make sure to use active dry yeast, not baking powder.
3. Water or milk: Add in proper proportion to get proper dough humidity.
4. Salt: A little salt can improve the taste and stability of the dough.
1. Prepare the hydration phase: Mix the yeast and water together and let it sit for 5-10 minutes to activate the yeast and increase its activity.
2. Mix the materials: Mix the flour and salt together, then add the yeast water, gradually stir and knead the dough. Be careful not to over-knead the dough to avoid excess gluten.
3. Fermentation stage: Put the dough in a warm and humid place for fermentation. The ideal temperature is about 25-30 degrees Celsius and the time is about 1-2 hours. The dough will gradually increase in size and become soft.
4. Turning and re-fermentation: Later in the proofing phase, the dough is turned over to release gas and refolded. Then place it again in a warm, humid place for a second fermentation, about 30-45 minutes.
5. Prepare for the baking phase: Remove the dough and place on a lightly floured surface to prepare for baking.
6. Baking stage: According to the baking equipment and the size of the oven, divide the dough into pieces of appropriate size, and then place them on the baking tray. Bake at a higher temperature (about 200-220 degrees Celsius) for a longer time (about 20-30 minutes) until the surface turns golden brown.
The above are the production steps of yeast dough without sugar. Please note that since no sugar will affect the fermentation speed, you need to adjust the fermentation time according to the actual situation, and be careful not to over-ferment.