Custard powder is a common spice powder, usually used for bread, pastry surface decoration or interior filling and filling. It can be directly dissolved in cold water and used. It is a ready-to-eat filling ingredient.
Mainly used for making pastries and puddings
|Storage conditions|| |
Cool and dry place,avoid from direct shining
|Shelf life|| |
Custard powder is a spice powder. Light yellow or light orange yellow, with strong milky and fruity aroma, it is composed of bulking agent, stabilizer, food flavor, food coloring, milk powder, starch and filler. Originally, custard powder was mainly used for making pastries and puddings in Western food, but it was later introduced by Hong Kong chefs before being used in Chinese cooking. The custard powder is easy to melt and is suitable for soft, fragrant and smooth hot and cold desserts (such as cakes, egg rolls, stuffing, bread, egg tarts and other pastries). Ideal food spice powder.
1. Fragrance: It can make the product have a strong milky and fruity aroma;
2. Color enhancement: adding custard powder to the paste can produce bright yellow;
3. Increase the crispness and make the product shape: add custard powder to the bulky paste, after frying, the product is crispy but not soft and deflated, and the shape is beautiful;
4. Strong sticky slip: Adding custard powder when making some dishes can produce sticky slip, good thickening effect and good transparency of the gravy.
Custard powder can be used to make custard sauce (commonly used filling for western pastries), custard filling (special powder), cheese cake and other soft, fragrant and smooth hot and cold desserts (such as cakes, egg rolls) , stuffing, bread, fruit tarts, biscuits, puddings, tarts and other pastries), mainly for their special aroma and taste.
Originally, custard powder was mainly used for making pastries and puddings in Western food, but it was later introduced by Hong Kong chefs before being used in Chinese cooking. In practical use, we should clarify the dosage. If used improperly, the advantages of custard powder will turn into disadvantages under certain conditions.
1. When making deep-fried dishes that need to maintain the original flavor of the raw materials, adding a large amount of custard powder can increase the color and crispness of the dishes, but the milky and fruity flavors will mask the original flavors of the raw materials and make the dishes. Losing the characteristics, in fact, if you use another leavening agent to cook such dishes, and then add a coloring agent, you can avoid it;
2. Adding custard powder when the fish, shrimp and crab meat is sizing will definitely lose the original flavor of fish, shrimp and crab meat after the dish is finished, and even make the taste nondescript;
3. The custard powder is used for the taste of the raw materials of the dishes, mainly lime juice, fruit juice and Hong Kong-style sweet and sour sauce dishes. The amount of custard powder is about 5 grams per 500 grams of raw materials. For ribs, you can increase the amount of custard powder appropriately, about 15 grams is appropriate;
4. When custard powder is used to thicken dishes, the dosage ratio is to add 2 to 5 grams of custard powder per 500 grams of raw materials, and it should be used together with water and starch;
5. When the custard powder is used for the preparation of the crispy paste, 15% of the custard powder can be added to the paste.
We will contact you within 1 working day, please pay attention to the email with the suffix “@justlonghealth.com”.